Saturday, May 16, 2009

How I Got Healthy


With 85% of North Americans taking one medication or more it is easy to see that the conventional North American health care model is failing. A vacuum is being created in this empty space and natural therapies, which aid with healing the body, are rushing in to fill the void.

In short, North American medical care is designed to treat and manage symptoms of ill health and that produces a large population who always looks outwards for help instead of looking inwards.

When given a choice who really wants to manage a disease when it can be cured? When given the choice who really wants to treat a disease (a word that means making a disease last as long as possible) as opposed to just getting rid of the disease and moving on with other life challenges? The problem is that our population is rarely given the option between keeping the disease and getting rid of it.

As players in our modern society we are programmed to always look outwards for help. We look to our educational institutions for job possibilities. We look to our government for help with every possible issue and we are taught to look toward our medical system in regards to health. Our teachings always rotate around looking elsewhere for help instead of looking toward ourselves. Some children recognize this immediately upon entering school and are therefore spiritually conflicted every step of the way. School (to many children) is a spiritual con job.

The lifelong programming designed to destroy self reliance can develop a population unable to take action unless a third party is directing the activity. To say this can be dangerous for any society would be the understatement of the century. I remember suggesting to a friend that they quit smoking because of a serious medical issue and she said, "Well, my doctor never told me to quit". That is right where the drug and cigarette companies want everyone. Right between the cross hairs, unable to move even when we are right in front of the firing squad.

Children need to be cared for and adults are supposed to be independent and capable. The end result of teaching an entire society that they are "not capable" is a population of adults who act like scared children. Have you noticed North American governments are the global bullies on the block who do not want to share?

We are teaching our youngest generations that instead of taking care of our own health the best we can do is raise money for disease charities. We also see it with spirituality. Instead of working on the foundations of our bad behavior we often ask forgiveness from a preacher (and keep acting badly because we are never taught on how to work on being good). For example there is little benefit when someone confesses they are an alcoholic (to a preacher) unless the preacher can help them stop drinking and this is rarely the case. With no reliance on self the unhealthy keep going to the doctors and the confession booths, all the while potentially living a life of imbalance, guilt and shame. These scenarios are very dangerous and the results speak for themselves.

Do we really need outside help to make us healthier, happier and richer? Does our health status lie outside or does it lie inside ourselves, our kitchen cupboards and our attitudes? I can only speak for myself but as a healthy person I understand that nothing lies outside my door, my body or my soul.

My health, my income, my feelings of security, my spirituality and my self worth lies inside me and never with third parties. I have coaches but in the end it is me. The idea is to "work in" and not to "work out". The idea is to develop the inside of the body, mind and soul.

I was originally taught to look toward others for everything but now I know all answers lie within me. By being taught to look outside for help I often felt like a gutted fish, as no inside work was ever performed when I relied on others to solve my problems. This cycle ended for me when I just sat down and looked at my own habits and beliefs. It was hard but that is why it is worth it. We all need this searching/quite time in order to remove the habits and beliefs that do not serve us.

If you have a chronic illness and run out the door to your doctor I can honestly say you are running in the wrong direction. If you are in a car accident and run to the hospital I can honestly say you are running in the right direction. It is important to know the difference.

Your doctor did not make you sick so they cannot make you better. They will admit having no idea what causes disease so how are they supposed to cure it? Have you ever noticed there are no success stories of patients who got better in the hospital? It is because conventional medical care provides "attention" but few improvements in health.

If you are sick, you are responsible. Just like if you are healthy you are also responsible. Taking responsibility for the great things in life is easy. Taking responsibility for everything in life is a work of unconditional self love.

Lets watch this short video and learn about the healers in our home town that can help you work on the inside. They are coaches but you are the primary physician. All health professionals mentioned in this video are available in Cornwall. It is just a matter of finding them. Have a great day and thumbs up to Sylvie for helping me add to my video library.

No comments: